- Your personal information is collected and processed by Harmoney NV, with registered office at Cyriel Buyssestraat 13, 9000 Ghent, Belgium, registered with the CBE under number 0666.716.731 (hereinafter: "Harmoney", "we", "us") as the party responsible. You can reach us via email@example.com.
Categories of personal data that we collect
- Personal Information: We may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use the Website. This information may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
Use of information (purpose)
- Personal Information:
We may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Website's functionality.
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, or requests.
- To send you administrative information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages.
- To send you marketing communications, promotional offers, or newsletters if you have opted to receive such communications.
- To personalize your experience on the Website.
- To improve our products, services, and overall user experience.
- To enforce our terms of service or other legal rights.
- Automatically Collected Information:
We may use automatically collected information for various purposes, including:
- Analyzing trends, administering the Website, and gathering demographic information.
- Monitoring and analyzing the usage of the Website.
- Customizing and improving the Website's content and features.
- Preventing fraudulent activity and enhancing security.
Recipients of your personal data
Harmoney only shares your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- subcontractors and partners of Harmoney with whom we have an agreement and who help us make the Platform and the associated functionalities available, such as IT service providers;
- the Financial Service Providers for which you state that you allow sharing of your information with them;
- other users on the Platform if you wish to share your information with them;
- third parties with whom we conduct negotiations in the context of mergers, acquisitions or similar operations;
- partners with whom we conduct certain scientific and/or statistical surveys (in this case only aggregated personal data will be processed).
Location and transfer
Your personal data will only be processed in the European Union.
- Harmoney will do its utmost to process only the personal data that is necessary to pursue the purposes stated in article 3.
- Your personal data will only be processed for as long as necessary to be able to realize the purposes under article 3. As soon as this term has expired, Harmoney and the Financial Service Providers will de-identify your personal data, unless:
- Harmoney and the Financial Services Providers will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, theft and accidental loss, accidental alteration or destruction. Access to your personal data is limited to Harmoney employees, or employees of the service providers we appoint and the Financial Service Providers who actually need access to realize the purposes stated in Article 3. All staff members who have access to your personal data are bound by a confidentiality obligation. You understand, however, that safety is a best effort commitment and that a full guarantee of safety is impossible.
- Harmoney, the Financial Service Provider or another third party has an interest to keep your personal data in an identifiable form and this interest outweighs your fundamental rights;
- a statutory or regulatory obligation or a judicial or administrative order prevents Harmoney or the Financial Service Providers from doing so.
- You have the right to request access to all personal data processed by Harmoney and the Financial Service Providers as a result of your use of the Platform and the Services. Harmoney reserves the right to charge administration costs for multiple consecutive requests for access that are clearly submitted with a view to causing disruptions or damage to Harmoney or the Financial Service Providers.
- You have the right to request that any incorrect personal data is corrected free of charge. If a request for correction is submitted, this will be accompanied by proof of the faulty nature of the data for which the correction is requested.
- You have the right to request that your personal data is deleted if it is no longer necessary considering the purposes set out in Article 3. A request for removal will, however, be considered in respect of:
- a legitimate interest of Harmoney, the Financial Service Provider or another third party has an interest to keep your personal data in an identifiable form and this interest outweighs your fundamental rights;
- a statutory or regulatory obligation or a judicial or administrative order preventing Harmoney or the Financial Service Providers from removing your personal data.
Instead of requesting deletion, you may also request that Harmoney and the Financial Service Providers limit the processing of your personal data if (a) you dispute the accuracy
of such data, (b) the processing is illegal or (c) the data is no longer necessary for the purposes mentioned under article 3, but you need them to defend yourself in legal proceedings.
- You have the right to oppose the processing of personal data in the cases specified in articles 3.3, 3.4. and 3.5. if you are able to prove that your specific circumstances justify such opposition. However, if the intended processing is qualified as direct marketing, you have the right to oppose such processing free of charge and without justification.
- You have the right to receive all personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, widely used and machine-readable format.
- If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the aforementioned rights, you must first contact your Financial Service Providers. To the extent certain identity details and contact details are concerned, you can improve and adjust these yourself on the Platform. If your Financial Service Providers do not comply with your request, you can contact Harmoney directly by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The e-mail containing your request to exercise a right will not be interpreted as consent to the processing of your personal data beyond what is required to process your request.
Every request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and the reasons for doing so if this is required in accordance with articles 7.1 to 7.5. It must also be dated and signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid identity card or other document that proves your identity.
As soon as this request is received by the Financial Services Providers or by us, you will receive confirmation of receipt of this request as soon as possible. If the request is valid, action will be taken as soon as reasonably possible and this no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the request.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by Harmoney or your Financial Service Providers, you can always contact your Financial Service Providers or Harmoney via the e-mail address mentioned in this article 7.6.
If you are dissatisfied with the response from the Financial Service Providers or Harmoney, you can submit a complaint to the competent data protection authority, i.e. the Belgian Privacy Commission. For more information, please visit http://www.privacycommission.be.